Interested in learning more about The Academy's Full Tuition program? RSVP for our Full Curriculum Q&A Night.
We Are Currently Accepting Applications for Fall 2017. There Are Only a Few Spots Left for the 2017 School Year.
FALL 2017 SCHEDULE
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
9:30 a.m.-4 p.m.
10-11 a.m. : Office Hours
11 a.m.-2 p.m. : Enrichment/Potluck Lunch
We follow the university model, so classes start late (after Labor Day) and finish early (in April) with a substantial holiday break. View the 2017-18 academic calendar.
As a full-time student, you’ll experience a coordinated, collaborative liberal arts high school education. Full-time students attend classes two days a week and (optionally) enrichment group sessions on Fridays, which may include short-session classes, workshops, field trips, seminars, labs, and other activities. The remainder of the week, students will work on class projects and assignments and spend time pursuing their outside interests.
Full-time enrollment is based around the contract system, which allows students to determine and articulate their personal academic goals. Students all follow the same curriculum but team up with academic mentors to create an individualized learning experience within that curriculum so that students learn what they need to learn to go where they want to go. Students in the same class will have different focuses and assignments, adding richness and diversity to class discussions.
Your tuition as a full-time student includes:
- Ten hours of classroom instruction each week (over a two-day period), totaling six credit hours per year
- Enrichment Friday classes (an optional roster of optional academic enrichment, including workshops, classes, and social activities)
- Optional Friday math and writing labs
- Required textbooks (to be returned at the end of the semester) and curriculum materials
- One-on-one mentor support to discuss academic, career, and college planning. (This includes helping students create their learning contracts, navigate and meet the requirements for dual enrollment, internship and apprenticeship support, and guidance for college applications, recommendations, and requirements.)
- Full transcript for each enrolled semester
Tuition is $5,000 per year, payable in nine monthly installments of $555.56. You must pay a $100 deposit (deducted from your first monthly payment) when you register to secure your spot.
The Academy follows a four-year academic cycle. Students can join class at any point during the cycle.
Our 2017-18 academic year falls in the Classics Year. Students will focus on ancient world history, especially Greek and Roman history, and read a wide and challenging selection of literature, philosophy, and history from this period. This year's science focus in astronomy.